Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Home Business Experiment

Do you think that I can dominate an extremely competitive keyword - home business - in the search engines in less than 3 months?

According to my copy of Noble Samurai, the top ranked website for the keyword home business is homebusinessmag.com.

This site is 13 years old and has a page rank of 5. It has 380 pages indexed in Google, 2210 back links to the home page and 4270 back links to the domain.

The site is listed in DMOZ and Yahoo and the keyword is included appropriately in terms of on page optimisation.

According to my exact match research, home business is searched 27,058 times a day. The average adwords cost per click is $2.73.

Therefore, if I managed to achieve my goal of getting a top rating in the search engines, I would make what I predict to be around $1,000 per day.

Definitely worth my while, but can I usurp a website that is 13 years old and has thousands of back links in only 3 months?

Today is Saturday the 29th of May 2010... I will update this blog post as this page rises in the search engine results.

1 comment: